ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. Our client is seeking a Building Code Analyst III in Seattle, WA. Join a world-class consulting firm, who solves building and fire code problems for architects, building owners, engineers, and contractors.
With your strong background in architecture, you will add significant value to a smaller team that contributes to a more extensive operation. You will have an opportunity to explore growth in computer modeling and project management while working for a company that values creativity, innovation and family life. If you love working with technical information, have an interest in how buildings are put together, and enjoy thinking outside of the box, we want to hear from you!
A few incentives:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- 3% of base salary contributed to retirement regardless of your participation in 401k
- Profit-sharing and annual bonus
- Flexible work/life balance and work hours
- Career growth and mentorship
- Use knowledge of architectural design, standards of construction, and applicable building codes (including life safety and fire codes) to analyze buildings for code compliance and guide client design efforts
- Research code requirements, emerging building technology, and regulatory changes
- Analyze building safety and prepare reports, proposals and estimates
- Develop 3D models to simulate and analyze building fire scenarios
- Communicate with clients and Authority Having Jurisdictions regarding building compliance in a detailed and precise manner
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously utilizing project management tools, task delegation and task management
- Bachelor’s in Architecture is required – Master’s in Architecture is preferred
- 10+ years of experience in Architecture Design or Building Compliance Analysis is ideal
- Be able to travel briefly (about once a month) to client locations (local or domestic) when necessary for inspections at construction sites, meeting with different jurisdictions, meeting at clients’ office, and attending training events
- Knowledge of building materials
- Knowledge of BIM software (REVIT and AutoCAD)
- 10+ years of experience in the architectural or engineering field is desirable
- 10+ years of experience in professional writing is helpful
- 10+ years of experience using building and fire code standards such as IFC, IMC, NEC, IPC, IEEC, ADA, NFPA 55, NFPA 30, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with architectural 3D graphics programs is valuable
- Experience with the full Microsoft Office Suite
- US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.