ACS Professional Staffing is seeking a Licensed Surveyor in SW Portland. Join a privately-owned civil engineering firm, who knows what it takes to operate a successful business. With an outstanding reputation of providing quality land surveying services, you will support diverse projects with stable clients. Additionally, you will enjoy working for an open-minded and flat organization that is committed to offering its employees a positive career experience.
- Oversee completion of survey projects for a boundary, topographic, ALTA surveys, subdivisions, partitions, and property descriptions.
- Research and develop work plans for survey projects.
- Assist the civil engineering department with scope and costs for survey-related tasks required for the development process.
- Perform survey and utility research.
- Coordinate with survey crews to accomplish project goals.
- Actively assist with the mapping process when necessary.
- Provide leadership in preparation of various mapping projects.
- Manage, supervise and train field and office staff for efficient completion of projects.
- Participate in business development opportunities.
- Estimate and budget man-hours for survey projects, review monthly job costing report for invoicing and project management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Surveying Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
- 5 - 10 years of experience in topographic mapping, boundary resolution, subdivision platting, and heavy construction projects.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD/Civil, GPS (Trimble Business Center, Trimble Access field software, and Trimble R8 GNSS equipment).
- Proficiency with cadastral section breakdown calculations, and with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Strong organizational, communication, and writing skills, as well as project management skills.
- Ability to manage and coordinate survey technicians and field personnel work activities.
- Ability to take on responsibilities of CAD drafting, calculations, estimating, proposal preparation, and budgeting tasks.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- A high level of production ability, along with a strong work ethic and sense of professional integrity.
- A current Oregon Professional Land Surveying license is preferred; an LSIT is required.
- US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position