ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Software Developer 3 position will develop and support information systems. The Software Developer will code, test, build, configure, migrate, maintain, and document various vendor and in-house applications to provide business solutions. This position involves working on an agile development team, interpreting design specifications, functional and non-functional requirements, coding software, developing, and conducting unit tests, documenting, and assisting with system installation and deployment procedures, following testing and change management procedures, and producing system documentation. This full-time position is located in Portland, OR.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Design, write and deploy new web applications, services, application interfaces and reports as needed to fulfill user requirements.
- Productively integrate with an Agile development team.
- Design, document, and communicate effective technical solutions
- Manage source code in source code repository and leverage branching techniques for iterative development
- Troubleshoot application and database performance problems
- Model and implement changes to database objects
- Develop and conduct automated unit and regression tests
- Provide server and middleware setup/configurations to support application deployments
- Document and implement software deployment procedures and automate deployments
- Analyze, test, and apply changes to the application environment
- Break down technical work into tasks and provide reasonable time estimates for completion
- Review other developers’ code and provide technical feedback where necessary to validate that code follows coding standards and programming best practices
- Coordinate development efforts with project management, software developers, functional SMEs, business analysts and quality analysts during the various phases
- Communicate status of project development work to project team, users, information system owner and others
- Analyze and propose technical designs that satisfy functional and non-functional requirements which also optimize the long-term maintainability of the system
- Identify and escalate technical bottlenecks and impediments to the project manager and information system owner
- Produce required project technical documentation.
- A Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Post-Graduate degree in Computer/Information Technology (or directly related field) is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 7 years of experience is required.
- Experience should include work in the Computer/Information Technology field.
- 5 years of experience with applications design & development experience developing secure applications using the .NET framework, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, JS Frameworks and Web Services.
- 5 years of experience with applications design & development experience developing secure applications using WPF or WCF.
- Expert level knowledge and skill in the following:
- Visual Studio (2015 or greater)
- Microsoft .NET (4.0 or greater)
- C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, CSS and HTML
- Microsoft SQL Server (2005 or greater) and/or Oracle (9i or greater)
- T-SQL and/or PL/SQL
- TFS, GIT or another source control tool
- WPF or WCF development
- React, Angular, or other front end java script framework
- Designing and implementing RESTful services
- Knowledge of Active Directory and developing and applying of role-based security models.
- 3 years of experience integrating configuration management methodologies and techniques, including branching and merging.
- 3 years of experience developing unit-testing scenarios to exercise a .NET Framework application to simulate environmental failures and code failures.
- Current certification as a Microsoft Certified Software Developer (MCSD).
- Knowledge of and skill in the following areas:
- Microsoft AJAX and AJAX control toolkit
- Telerik .NET UI controls
- ASP.NET MVC 2 or greater.
- Messaging Integration.
- XML (utilization via DOM and/or SAX, XPATH, XML Schemas, XSLT).
- Database Replication Techniques.
- Unit or comparable unit testing tool.
- Microsoft Azure DevOps for source control, requirement management, testing and continuous integration
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.