ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Desktop Technical Customer Support 3 position is to assist Client Support staff with next-level support on advanced technical issues and provide coordination and prioritization of the Client Support functions with the management and technical leadership of other Information Technology (IT) organizations. The technical support position is an information technology generalist and is the front line of support for IT systems and software that fields telephone calls, voicemails, and emails from IT clients, resolves or refers IT issues, tracks issues using a central incident management application and may run various diagnostic programs for troubleshooting or monitoring purposes. This full-time position is located Portland, OR.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Provide advanced technical assistance over the phone or in person for a wide variety of hardware, software, and site-specific applications in an enterprise server-client environment
- Monitor and track the daily performance of computer systems
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities
- Troubleshoot calls from the support desk and start the resolution process, bringing in other subject matter experts
- Interpret IT client Operating System or server system and product issues and provide resolution
- Enter IT problem descriptions and troubleshoot the issue sufficiently to appropriately refer the problem to the correct IT support group
- Understand the IT working environment sufficiently to explain technical issues to a disparate range of technical and non-technical clients
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in computer technology or closely related technical field is preferred.
- With a related x0 years of experience is required.
- Experience should include a combination of education and/or work experience in Computer/Information Technology or related field.
- Proficiency in the use of the full Microsoft Office suite – Microsoft Office 2016 and Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Knowledge of and Skill in Applying:
- Virtual desktop/laptop or server hardware, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10 and associated hardware
- Desktop peripherals such as multi-functional devices such as copier/scanner/fax combos as well as USB devices, etc.
- Basic local and network printer configuration and troubleshooting.
- Desktop security practices, including patching and updating the OS, security settings in the OS and in applications and anti-virus and anti-spy applications.
- MS Windows 2016 Active Directory, domains, and file permissions structure.
- Remote connectivity such as VPN & dial up networking.
- Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2016
- A working knowledge of broad technical relationships (i.e., desktop to server, desktop to SAN, application system to database, etc.).
- Citrix XenApp Server and Citrix XenApp Client
- Group Policy Objects.
- Experience/working knowledge of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops.
- Prior knowledge of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- An understanding of Role Based Access Security principals.
- System Center Configuration Manager experience.
- One or more of the following certifications is desired: A+, MCP, MCSE, MCDST.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.