ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Engineer 1 position will perform electrical clearance analysis, develop line rating information for transmission lines, develop line design data, and perform other related engineering support activities. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Perform line electrical clearance analysis in support of line design, line rating, vegetation management, and estimating processes.
- Analyze and interpret the results of the electrical clearance analysis, span analysis, stress, and vegetation management tools and compile in a report for Line Rating SME review.
- Research and review engineering design drawings, schematics, specifications, structure/tower lists, one line and phasing diagrams, and sag instructions/stringing charts, resolve discrepancies and update documents.
- Perform engineering calculations and analyses involving thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, stress analysis, and AC/DC electrical circuits and use that information to compile reports for Line Rating SME review.
- Process survey data and import it into the relational database.
- Provide technical input and support in the development and recommendation of automated engineering tools in Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) to assist in engineering analyses and processing of engineering data.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an ABET accredited college/university in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical engineering is required.
- 6 months to 4+ years’ civil, mechanical and/or electrical engineering experience in electric utility in design or analysis is required.
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, principles, and practices applicable to components and facilities found on a regional transmission system.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- 6 months to 4+ years’ civil, mechanical and/or electrical engineering experience in transmission line design, analysis, or construction.
- Experience using PLS-CADD.
- Experience using VBA.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.