ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Project Manager 2 position will work closely with the Operational Infrastructure and the Applications Services organizations to coordinate and facilitate Control Center infrastructure, IT network and applications integration projects from inception to conclusion. Collaborating closely with the IT Portfolio manager, the PM in this position will be expected to work with project teams to draft project plans; create and track schedules and budgets; to facilitate and coordinate project activities; and, to track, monitor and provide detailed milestones and reporting for multiple designated projects. This position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Provide project management expertise and support and facilitate Control Center IT project or projects, from beginning to end
- Identify and request necessary subject matter experts needed during the project.
- Forecast and recommend project resources to fulfill project needs
- Recommend an overall roadmap of efforts required to achieve program initiatives and project objectives.
- Draft project plans, resource strategies and funding estimates
- Monitor progress of assigned projects to track timelines, milestones, deadlines, standards
- Coordinate activities for assigned projects that enable goals or objectives to be accomplished
- Tracking, monitoring, and facilitating resolution of issues and risks identified within the projects, as well as compliance related dependencies.
- Communicate regularly with executive sponsors, key stakeholders, strategic partners independently and in team meetings.
- Implement Organizational Design and Change Management with respect to a culture resistant to change.
- Process and System Design requirements.
- Communication and project management best practice gap analysis.
- When necessary, facilitate the successful transition of a project or program of projects to another project manager including any training, documentation, or meeting coordination required to bring the new project manager fully up to speed on all critical aspects of the work and introduce them to executive sponsors and key stakeholders.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Technology, Engineering, or a related technical discipline is required.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of experience is required.
- Experience should include project management of IT network infrastructure related projects and applications integrations projects using industry standard methods and tools for managing schedules, dependencies, resources, funding and developing technical specifications and project plans for medium-sized projects.
- Advanced skills with MS Project to include fundamental operation, function, and workflow of MS Project with regard to timelines, dependencies, project expectations, milestones, and resources.
- Ability to manage IT Network Infrastructure projects and/or Applications Integrations projects in accordance with industry project management principles.
- Knowledge of IT Network Infrastructure planning, functional and technical specifications, and system life-cycle management.
- Experience delivering projects with security and/or compliance requirements.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.