ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Technical Business Analyst 3 position will provide Business Analysis support for medium to large size business technology proposals and projects within the IT PMO portfolio. Assignments will be determined based on proposal or project needs and workload shifts. This position will work closely with a variety of internal clients, stakeholders, vendors, technical SMEs, and others with varying degrees of technical understanding. This full-time position is located in Portland, OR.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Provide business analysis support and assistance, eliciting documents and managing requirements, to support the implementation of IT
- Identify and plan business analysis work needed to meet project requirements
- Recommend the artifacts and level of detail for the business analysis effort, i.e., the analysis objective which supplies the technical team with information that assists in planning a system build.
- Recommend the business analysis approach to satisfy the analysis objective, including the specific tasks and deliverables.
- Recommend resource levels needed to accomplish the business analysis work
- Recommend and contribute to IT PMO best practices and standards for business analysis.
- Conduct preliminary analyses on proposals for IT systems.
- Work with business lines to understand their needs and identify their goals and objectives.
- Take ambiguous, high-level, and incomplete information about a business problem and synthesize it into a clear, concise scope statement.
- Assist business lines in developing a business case to justify an IT investment.
- Participate in market research to assist business lines in the viability assessment of existing products to meet customer needs.
- Review documentation on existing business processes and systems.
- Review regulations and policies to understand relevant compliance requirements and make recommendations.
- Analyze gathered information to present an organized, coherent understanding of the business problem and the proposed solution.
- Establish and maintain bidirectional traceability from goals and objectives to detailed functional requirements.
- Evaluate and assess business process change impacts to help inform Change Management activities.
- Collaborate with IT technical representative(s) in the development of test plans and acceptance criteria, traced to business and functional requirements.
- Review and validate requirements documentation with appropriate business and technology stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with business users, technical teams, and other project stakeholders.
- Present information effectively in a variety of formats, including Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and Visio flowcharts.
- Schedule and attend vendor evaluation panels as a non-voting, technical advisor, providing input and recommendations
- Participate as a non-voting project team liaison and technical advisor to an evaluation panel, responding to inquiries, providing technical input and recommendations.
- Assist project team to summarize the assessment
- Work with the project teams and vendor awarded the contract to identify the gap/analysis work needed to implement a solution.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Systems, Business Administration, or a closely related technical discipline is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 8 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 12 years of experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of Technical Business Analysis and Information Technology and progressively more technical in nature.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Suite products, including Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook, specifically 2010 versions.
- Technical interviewing skills that include:
- Functional/process interviewing in the business environment.
- The ability to facilitate groups through process design and requirements gathering sessions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business and technical teams.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective client and stakeholder relationships.
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to present information in various forms (verbally, in writing, visually).
- Proficiency with requirements modeling tools such as Jama or Sparx Enterprise Architect.
- Experience with System Life Cycle (SLC) processes.
- Experience with Traditional/Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Experience with custom development and COTS implementation projects.
- Some experience in project management and leadership.
- Background in writing technical designs and specifications.
- Energy/utility industry experience.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.