ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Database Administrator 3 primarily focuses Oracle RDBMS support, including ExaData. This position is integral in building and maintaining functioning database services for Line of Business applications support Human Resources and financial management. The work required of this position must adhere to the Cyber Security policies and be performed in a manner that is compliant with the audit requirements. This full-time position is located in Portland, OR.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Research, test, document and develop standardized technical procedures for the troubleshooting of server hardware, the associated operating systems and application software.
- Perform system vulnerability assessments using vendor native and third-party tools, recommending mitigation options based on risk of exploit after consideration of environmental factors.
- Act as a service response escalation point, working with teams of varying technical ability in response to service availability and performance related incidents
- Provide recommendations for process changes that may become necessary due to environmental changes, upgrades.
- Support the design and implementation of highly available database solutions appropriate for workloads based on customer requirements.
- Support disaster recovery and continuity of operations through continuous verification of availability mechanisms and management of data protection activities
- Serve as a technical advisor for project and service response and related tasks.
- Operate a production Oracle Database environment using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 12c Grid Control.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements and technical solutions that can be integrated into existing environments surrounding performance, operational efficiency, and capacity.
- Apply the aforementioned processes/procedures in support of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux /Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Oracle ASM
- ADDM (Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor) and AWR (Automatic Workload Repository)
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c
- Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (or closely related technical discipline) is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 6 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 10 years of experience is required.
- Experience should include directly related IT infrastructure administration.
- 5 years of knowledge and experience sufficient to administer Oracle 11gR2 and Oracle 12c on a Red Hat or Oracle Enterprise Linux platform.
- 5 years of knowledge of and experience sufficient to successfully troubleshoot Linux and Windows operating systems using text-based logs, windows event logs, and various utilities as it pertains to support of Oracle Database services.
- 5 years of knowledge of and experience with TCP/IP and related services.
- 5 years knowledge of and experience building tools for other administrators to use and automating operations with scripting tools such as shell scripting, Perl, Python, PowerShell.
- Direct experience managing Oracle ExaData operations including patch management.
- Direct experience supporting production workloads using Oracle RAC.
- Direct experience managing and supporting Oracle SPARC and Solaris.
- Experience configuring and managing systems using Puppet Enterprise.
- VMware vSphere administration and operation.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.