ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Operations Analyst 3 position will specifically focus on providing high-level, complex Business Architecture support for the Transmission business line. This position will collaborate and work closely with Transmission managers and executives to facilitate the development and implementation of a complete and holistic business strategy including process-driven solutions as well as requirements that support transformation of organizations and functions. The OA will assist in developing a Business Enterprise Architecture clearly wedded to Strategic Goals; as well as provide recommendations and help define a roadmap to advance from current to future state. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Facilitate, participate, drive, and assist the manager and a Transmission management team
- Develop scripted elicitation workshops to gather information from the varied, and often disparate, organizations within the Transmission business line.
- Organize and facilitate an executive approved Business Enterprise Architecture and Roadmap by collaborating with and motivating a team of managers and subject-matter-experts assembled to produce
- Build a holistic view of Transmission’s strategy, motivations, mission, culture, products, functions, processes, information, and applications to verify alignment to the mission and strategic goals.
- Arrange and facilitate regularly scheduled and structured meetings, with focused agendas, productive discussions and timely follow up communication.
- Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise-level goals that provide traceability
- Describe the primary business functions of the organization and distinguish between customer-facing, supplier-related, business execution and business management functions.
- Define the set of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organizational boundaries; identify and describe external entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with the business.
- Capture the relationships among roles, capabilities and business units, the decomposition of those business units into subunits, and the internal or external management of those units.
- Communicate architectural concepts in a clear and easily understood manner using a variety of communication tools, such as Visio, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Utilize advanced facilitation and modeling tools for engaging executives and stakeholders for developing and revising strategy, implementation planning, and sequencing.
- Link the business mission, strategy, functions, and processes of the organization to its strategy and enterprise architecture, and document this using multiple architectural models or views to demonstrate how the current and future needs of the organization will be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner.
- Working with Transmission management, operate across organization to drive common approaches, and expose information assets and processes across Transmission
- Create and maintain a Business Enterprise Architecture model for the Transmission business line that is aligned and compliant with the overarching agency-level Business Enterprise Architecture that is used for strategy development and business transformation planning.
- Align strategy and planning with business goals.
- Optimize business functions through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities.
- Work with key stakeholders and project managers to provide consensus-based business solutions
- Facilitate and assist in the development and maintenance of a 5-year strategic roadmap that delivers on Transmission’s Strategic plan and objectives.
- Assist team in identifying gaps in current state vs. future state and approaches, methods and plans to address identified gaps.
- Facilitate, review, and analyze risks associated with transformative change.
- Search for areas where cost reduction opportunities may be available, such as cases where workflow may be duplicated across departments
- Share review findings and recommendations to executives and stakeholders, along with reports showing the progress in implementing new strategies, goals, and culture.
- Maintain record of business enterprise architecture roadmap, plans, to be state, milestones, progress made and project status; provide status updates as requested.
- Provide input and recommendations to the development of standards, tools, and best practices for managing strategy and implementation.
- Recommend, create, deploy, and maintain a Business Enterprise Architecture repository and tool set.
- Perform annual business enterprise architectural maturity assessments as requested.
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Accounting, Computer Science, or a related field is highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Organizational Development, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline is preferred.
- With an applicable Associate’s Degree, 10 years of directly related experience is required.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s Degree, 8 years of directly related experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 12 years of directly related experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of operations analysis or business analysis/business architecture and progressively more technical in nature.
- Experience with modeling tools preferably Sparx Enterprise and Archimate 3.0.
- Moderate proficiency with Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Proven experience with modeling of requirements, verification of deliverables.
- Proven experience with Requirements Engineering.
- Moderate proficiency with SQL querying.
- Proven experience with business modeling and business architecture frameworks.
- Experience as a Business Enterprise Architect in the utility industry.
- Experience creating and maintaining MS Access reports.
- Proficiency with VBA coding in MS Access to load and manipulate data.
- Knowledge of the utility industry, specifically the Transmission business.
- Data discovery and analysis skills and experience.
- Knowledge of complex utility systems.
- Demonstrated expertise with logical process modeling concepts sufficient to aid in the documentation and development of business and system requirements.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.