ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Business Systems Analyst 2 position will perform systems analysis, interfacing with users to support functional requirements development, analysis of tools and techniques to support the development of systems, troubleshooting, analysis, performance monitoring and improvement of systems used by the Operations functions. The primary focus is on configuration change management of technology systems that support the Bulk Electric System, congruent with Critical Infrastructure Protection compliance. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Review specifications, verifying that all essential system requirements are documented.
- Distribute requirements to hardware and software configuration items or manual operations using appropriate modeling techniques including automated structured analysis tools.
- Assist in the review of logical top-level design for applications and information systems
- Review and validate that configuration management policies and procedures provide thorough requirements traceability through version release and adequate documentation
- Document system programs while applying applicable standards to all products.
- Assist with preparation of job-aids and training materials and assist with conducting program presentations, in-house and client training, and providing functional education.
- Aid with solving system related issues
- Provide business system analysis as it pertains to facilitating system change and evidence for the following:
- User requirements
- System processes
- Automating or improving existing systems
- System capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations
- Evidence of compliance with regulatory standards for self-certification and audit purposes
- Identify software or hardware needed to set up or improve systems.
- Provide recommendations and supporting analysis for management decisions.
- Project Coordination:
- Participate in project planning
- Recommend project operations’ schedules
- Provide recommendations for staffing requirements and resources for projects.
- Prepare technical reports, documents, studies, and system documentation as required.
- Confer with system users to document and resolve existing system problems.
- Support configuration change management efforts.
- System modeling and maintain technical configuration baseline documentation
- Detect and correct configuration baseline errors
- Assist in defining, developing, and documenting of new processes and procedures as required
- Provide support for both the manual and automated software patch program
- Support the development of necessary documentation to support reporting and audit requirements.
- Provide quality assurance for organization to verify compliance to regulatory standards and guidelines.
- Provide support, including gathering & formatting information/data, to NERC annual certification process, WECC audit, and any other spot audit or compliance data request.
- Assist with data stewardship for the configuration management program.
- Attend meetings to support the customer needs. Attendance assists in maintaining currency of technical, procedural and acquisition knowledge.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Information Technology, Business Systems, Engineering or a directly related technical field is preferred.
- With an applicable Associates degree, 7 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 9 years of experience is required.
- Experience should include demonstrated analyst work experience in Computer/Information Technology, Business Systems and requirements engineering, operations management or other closely related field.
- 3 years’ experience working with the following:
- Configuration Change management concepts and practices for secure/reliable technology systems
- Compliance standards and best practices frameworks as applied to systems development and program management
- Process and procedure development
- 1 year experience in the use of configuration change management tools/systems
- 1-year previous compliance and/or audit support experience
- 1 year experience with process development and roll-out
- 1 year experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle for a high availability environment
- Experience in any aspect of the software development lifecycle for a utility environment
- Experience with the set-up, configuration, or oversight of change and/or configuration management tools
- Experience developing process, procedures to support compliance efforts
- Experience with the design and implementation of security standards, policies, or procedures
- Experience implementing NIST/FISMA standards/guidelines
- Experience applying NERC-CIP standards
- Experience with applying the concepts of ITIL v3 or later, or similar technology management frameworks
- Experience with pre- and post-implementation test procedures, evaluation, and approvals for configuration change control
- Experience using workflow management (“ticketing”) systems
- Software development Lifecycle methodologies
- Systems development and maintenance environments
- Project management and coordination concepts and principles
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.