ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Workplace Services Technician position will provide expertise and operational support across multiple functions including Digital Printing, Reprographics and Graphics Production. The customer base for the services provided through this position is system-wide and includes the populations stationed at Portland Headquarters, Vancouver Campuses, and field offices. This full-time position is located in Portland, OR.
- Operate all system interfaces and handle all source documents, e-files, and finished products consistent with document classification policy, copyright and trademark standards and established security requirements.
- Monitor inventory level using established min-max thresholds.
- Notify order desk of low inventory status by submitting Kanban replenishment cards prior to stock out.
- Validate quantity and type ordered vs. quantity and type received.
- Notify order desk of receipt of supplies and/or of any discrepancies.
- Work with internal customers to expedite results and improve the service experience by:
- Offering practical, well tested, and best value solutions that meet their requirement.
- Partnering on large projects to verify expectations are defined and agreed upon.
- Performing preemptive reviews to identify issues that stop or delay work.
- Capturing and leveraging the methods that drive success and deliver best practice outcomes.
- Prepare source documents for most efficient and cost-effective production run by using appropriate software tools and pre-press system to edit documents.
- Use pre-press system to develop and archive re-usable templates for jobs that are run on a regular basis and/or share common production specifications
- Use pre-press system to reduce hand labor by programing automated finishing options into the production work stream.
- Perform regularly scheduled and as-needed machine calibration to enable color match and output consistency.
- Set up and facilitate large collation and assembly projects using a sequential, demand-based processing methodology to eliminate redundancy and reduce the potential for error/rework.
- Balance technical requirement and best value cost control when recommending materials and supplies needed to support a production run.
- Replenish consumables and/or swap out operator-serviced items/supplies.
- Clean and service optical sensors, interlocks and triggering mechanisms.
- Operate equipment within design limits and specified duty cycle.
- Record service activity in maintenance log – date and description of service.
- Perform first level diagnostics on malfunctioning machines:
- Make authorized, procedure-based adjustments and corrections.
- Call service technician for break/fix support, providing service technician with description of problem set.
- Perform routine start-up procedures and required calibrations when recovering downed equipment.
- Identifying and solving problems prior to committing work stream resources.
- Interpreting/assessing task, equipment set, and resource requirements to determine the most effective overall use of system assets.
- Providing clear, complete, and timely work updates for coworkers supporting downstream, successive operations.
- Interjecting work in concert with other jobs-in-process to enable and promote productivity and processing efficiency.
- Prioritizing and coordinating work stream tasks/functions so that commitments are met.
- Contribute to work stream and process characterization and performance profile by:
- Measuring and recording process performance data at established collection points.
- Comparing actual performance to established criteria, standards, and control limits.
- Making authorized procedure-based adjustments to equipment and process when output drifts from standard.
- Creating check sheets and spreadsheets to capture and organize data related to task or project assignments.
- Using established data collection check sheets and tracking tools to account for materials, consumables, labor, and time associated with the completion of tasks and re-work events.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 6+ years of demonstrated Print Shop – Media Services experience required.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in Media Service functions with Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook (Microsoft Office 2010 proficiency required).
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in Media Service functions with Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Publisher and Project.
- In-depth understanding of printing and binding standards and editing protocol.
- Demonstrate production environment proficiency with the setup, calibration, operation and maintenance of digital printing and reprographics equipment. Current equipment set:
- Large format printers
- Large format plotter scanners
- High speed duplicator with conversion and finishing capabilities
- Demonstrate production environment proficiency with editing and pre-press software and pre-production management systems. Current software set:
- Adobe Creative Suite:
- Photo Shop
- Acrobat Pro
- Demonstrate production environment proficiency with the setup, calibration, operation, and maintenance of conversion, finishing and binding equipment. Current equipment and tool set:
- Seybold Cutter
- Folder – Inserter
- MBM Folder
- GBC Punch and Binders (Velo and Comb)
- Industrial Stitchers and Power Staplers
- GBC Laminators
- Tape Binders and Labelers
- Business Card Splitter
- Graphics production and variable data knowledge.
- Experience with digital printing and reprographics equipment and pre-press management tools.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
If you have any questions about the job posting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about our Reasonable Accommodation Policy, please feel free to email email@example.com