ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The CAD position serves as the organization’s CAD technician and utilizes Micro-station to create and/or revise Project Requirement Diagrams (PRDs), Metering Diagrams, and Long-Range Plans. The position provides CAD expertise, technical input, and support to TP staff, as well as personnel within TPCC, Eastern Engineering (TPCF), Western Engineering (TPCV), and the Customer Service Reliability Program (TPCR) organizations. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
- Utilize the Micro-station drawing program to create and revise Project Requirements Diagrams, customer Metering Diagrams, and Long-Range Plans.
- Review rough/preliminary sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received, to validate that they conform to design concepts.
- Examine electronic schematics and supporting documents to develop, compute, and verify specifications for drafting data.
- Assist in pre-engineering calculations and research, in order to control product reliability and accuracy for engineering, technical, and commercial applications.
- Organize and analyze drawings prior to setup and discuss project complexity and time estimates with technical and managerial personnel.
- Coordinate signature of Project Requirements Diagrams with System Planning.
- Distribute the Preliminary and Final Project Requirements Diagrams to appropriate parties.
- Review and revise Meter Diagrams based on input from CSEs and update the Meter Diagram Templates in accordance with the Meter Diagram Guidelines.
- Maintain and update the Engineering Assignment List and Meter Diagram List, posting revisions on the Customer Service Engineering website
- Provide technical support to CSEs as they modify drawings.
- Provide drawings and sketches as needed to support other TPC projects of similar size and scope.
- Maintain an “aging” report for metering diagrams and Long-Range Plans to assist the organization in keeping the documents current.
- Check all CAD and manually drafted drawings and other documents for drafting accuracy, completeness, and conformity.
- Compile and deliver drawings to external customers associated with the sale of facilities.
- Perform activities such as plotting, printing, and storage within CAD systems as requested.
- Maintain the Customer Service Engineering internal SharePoint web page
- Provide technical assistance to new and/or less experienced team members regarding established organizational procedures and guidelines
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- An Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Aided Design or a closely related field is preferred.
- 7 years of CAD Drafting experience is required.
- Intermediate to Expert proficiency in the use of CAD software (Microstation or equivalent).
- Intermediate level knowledge with SharePoint.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook (MS Office 2010 proficiency).
- Knowledge of standard drafting and engineering terminology and standard drafting techniques.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
If you have any questions about the job posting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about our Reasonable Accommodation Policy, please feel free to email email@example.com