ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Electrical Engineer provides electrical engineering services in the area of HVAC, HVDC, power electronics, electromagnetic transient program (EMTP) studies, and insulation coordination. This position will mainly interface and support the goals of High Voltage Equipment Services (TEVA). This full-time position is located at Vancouver, WA.
- Performs engineering studies and analysis in order to design and support high voltage substation equipment
- Performs electrical component and control system studies with modeling software to verify proper control behavior or to diagnose problems and develop solutions
- Develops and supports safety programs in the following areas:
- Insulation coordination
- Electrical clearances
- Minimum approach distances for both substations and transmission lines
- Provides specialized technical support that supports a wide range of system reactive projects for both system expansions and replacements.
- Prepares design requirements, and material and procurement specifications for assigned projects, ensuring that technical requirements conform to existing policies, standards, and budgetary constraints
- Assists in system studies, specification writing for turnkey contracts, and real time staged system testing to prove vendor compliance with specifications
- Verifies adherence to BPA safety practices and standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (ABET accredited school)
- 6 Months of electrical engineering experience
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, principles, and practices applicable to components and facilities found on a regional transmission system
- Engineering experience with equipment operating at 115 kV and higher
- 6 months of computational modeling experience in power system software
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook; (MS Office 2010 proficiency required)
- Knowledge of electromagnetic transient program (EMTP/ATP) or fault studies is preferred
- 6 months of engineering operational experience with 12.5 KV of higher Power Electronics, Transformers, or Capacitors is preferred
- Ability to develop and implement specifications, contracts, and equipment tests on 12.5 KV or higher equipment is preferred
- Ability to determine system performance through reconciling fault record data, and sequential event records with events and disturbance information is preferred
- Knowledge and experience with industry standards (IEEE, NESC, etc.) is preferred
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
If you have any questions about the job posting, please contact email@example.com
If you have any questions about our Reasonable Accommodation Policy, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org