ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Business Analyst 3 position assists with providing program support related to administration of customer pre-payment and fee receipt and refund, documentation and reconciliation of customer accounts, clarification of established pre-payment and fee-related policies to internal and external customers, project work order coordination, and associated liaison activities with Transmission internal and external customers. In conjunction with CSEs, this position will coordinate with AEs and with other representatives to facilitate resolution and routine management of customer project accounts and issues. The position will coordinate updates to and implementation of agency standard contract provisions, provide a liaison function with Customer Support Services, coordinate TPCC’s application process with customers, and will be responsible for supporting quality data management and reporting for customer projects. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
- Serve as a TPC technical lead in performing heightened analysis, research and stakeholder outreach for process improvement and policy development efforts related to OATT compliance. Decompose high-level information into details, deconstruct regulations, and abstract up from low-level information to reinvent processes that include measures and controls to verify compliance.
- Benchmark and identify best practices throughout the industry and perform analysis of FERC Orders and other publications to assess improvement opportunities and evaluate risk.
- Draft, design, and present materials on findings related to OATT Compliance, process improvement, and OATT queue performance to review and make recommendations for further action.
- Use technical expertise to develop draft communications for internal and external audiences at various levels, coordinate needed reviews and approvals
- Serve as TPC technical lead in recommending revisions to regulatory and policy analysis regarding OATT, Transmission Policies and Business Practices. Contribute to updates, evaluations, and implementation; negotiate for change or consistency as appropriate.
- Initiate and invite participation in cross-agency groups; facilitate coordination among stakeholders to verify decisions are reached within management directed timelines.
- Plan, design and facilitate implementation of cost reconciliation and billing for the intertie agreements within contractual deadlines; facilitate with and communicate with intertie owner customers to verify contractual and financial compliance.
- Monitor and analyze foreseeable planned equipment replacement.
- Use technical expertise to facilitate gathering efforts related to joint ownership, shared capacity rights, to include reaching out to other Transmission Owners.
- Aid in response to customer requests for information; verify satisfaction by researching customer questions, analyzing, and facilitating solutions and responding to the customer.
- Coordinate intertie financial and inventory management efforts with Account/Contract Specialists, Account Executives (AEs), Customer Service Engineers (CSEs), Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and Legal.
- Participate in cross business line teams to gather and disseminate information, and assist TPC engineering staff with resolving intertie commercial business challenges, such as additional research, spreadsheet development to organize information, and draft and prepare technical papers for review.
- Collaborate with Contract Specialists, CSEs, AEs and other departments to achieve a comprehensive understanding of customer project and service needs, financial requirements, and other factors in order to build and maintain a mutually beneficial business relationship with customers.
- Utilize organizational templates to draft and finalize Authorized Federal personnel approved contracts and contract amendments in collaboration with Contract Specialists, CSEs, AEs and managers for a wide range of complex customer projects and service requests.
- Format contracts and related documents in accordance with established procedures.
- Coordinate with new customers to obtain complete contact data, a signed W9, and information necessary to establish new customers in customer databases.
- Coordinate internal stakeholder reviews of draft and final contract actions. Verify that all required reviews are documented in the permanent contract file.
- Monitor receipt of executed contracts and monitor receipt of pre-payments using the PeopleSoft Financials system.
- Coordinate with Asset and Workload Planning for work order creation and disseminate executed contract, work order and payment information to all affected parties.
- Provide instruction to Project Management Analysis and Scheduling related to application of pre-payments and fees to work orders/general ledger accounts.
- Retrieve project cost data through queries and the PeopleSoft financial database.
- Track funding expenditures and meet monthly with TEPO to monitor reimbursable contract expenditures to recommend if additional funding is required.
- Provide SharePoint administration support.
- Provide data and document management and distribution support.
- Perform closeout analysis prior to having customer support services terminate a contract to ensure final cost accounting and all other deliverables have been satisfied.
- A degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Engineering (or closely related field) is preferred
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 8 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associates degree, 10 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 12 years of experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of business analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
- 1 year of experience in:
- Energy/Utility industry
- Microsoft Visio and SharePoint
- Independent analytical research
- Automated data systems
- 2 years’ technical writing experience.
- 3 years’ experience in:
- SharePoint for project tracking and reporting.
- Working with established databases
- Knowledge of internal risk management controls, and Standards of Conduct (SOC) guidelines and controls.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite Software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of and experience with FERC Open Access Transmission Tariff
- Experience in the Business, Legal, or Engineering field
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
If you have any questions about the job posting, please contact email@example.com
If you have any questions about our Reasonable Accommodation Policy, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org