ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Technical Business Analyst 3 position will provide Business Analysis support for medium to large size business technology proposals and projects within the IT PMO portfolio. Assignments will be determined based on proposal or project needs and workload shifts. This position will work closely with a variety of internal clients, stakeholders, vendors, technical SMEs and others with varying degrees of technical understanding. This full-time position is located in Portland, OR.
- Provide business analysis support and assistance, eliciting documents and facilitating requirements to support the implementation of IT systems for a variety of internal clients
- Identify and plan business analysis work needed to meet project requirements
- Recommend the artifacts and level of detail for the business analysis effort, i.e., the analysis objective which supplies the technical team with information that assists in planning a system build.
- Recommend the business analysis approach to satisfy the analysis objective, including the specific tasks and deliverables.
- Recommend resource levels needed to accomplish the business analysis work in accordance with the project schedule.
- Draft high quality, repeatable, reusable artifacts and approaches that other BAs can use on future projects.
- Recommend and contribute to IT PMO best practices and standards for business analysis.
- Support junior BAs in business analysis activities and provide tactical guidance on how to develop requirements in accordance with IT PMO standards.
- Conduct preliminary analyses on proposals for IT systems.
- Work with business lines to understand their needs and identify their goals and objectives.
- Take ambiguous, high-level, and incomplete information about a business problem and synthesize it into a clear, concise scope statement.
- Assist business lines in developing a business case to justify an IT investment.
- Participate in market research to assist business lines in the viability assessment of existing products to meet customer needs.
- Provide technical teams with business requirements needed to select a technical approach to meet the business need.
- Work closely with internal client teams to provide technical business analysis assistance, which may include:
- Coordinate and facilitate planning and working sessions to elicit customer requirements. Guide and assist client teams through defining business requirements.
- Conduct user/stakeholder interviews, potentially including job shadowing and “day in the life” exercises.
- Review documentation on existing business processes and systems.
- Review regulations and policies to understand relevant compliance requirements and make recommendations.
- Analyze gathered information to present an organized, coherent understanding of the business problem and the proposed solution.
- Review and make recommendations to align business processes with industry standards and best practices.
- Make recommendations to identify the product quality requirements needed to satisfy the customer needs, e.g., performance and availability.
- Establish and maintain bidirectional traceability from goals and objectives to detailed functional requirements.
- Evaluate and assess business process change impacts to help inform Change Management activities.
- Collaborate with IT technical representatives in the development of test plans and acceptance criteria, traced to business and functional requirements. This work may include coordinating and facilitating test scenarios, User testing, etc.
- Review and validate requirements documentation with appropriate business and technology stakeholders.
- Collaborate with project team members and stakeholders to establish requirements priorities and resolve any requirement conflicts among various stakeholders.
- Elicit objective criteria from business users for the evaluation and acceptance of requirements.
- Collaborate and coordinate with requirements providers to reach an understanding of requirements.
- Conduct detailed reviews of requirements and obtain approval from appropriate parties.
- Facilitate the requirements documentation in the PMO system of record throughout the entire lifecycle of the project.
- Update requirements as they evolve throughout the system implementation.
- Track scope delivery and how delivered products provide business value.
- Follow established processes for managing scope change requests.
- Facilitate a shared understanding of the customer needs and technical solution between business users and project teams.
- Communicate effectively with and act as a liaison between a wide variety of technical and business teams and project stakeholders in a variety of settings.
- Present information effectively in a variety of formats, including Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, and Visio flowcharts.
- Schedule and attend vendor evaluation panels as a non-voting, technical advisor, providing input and recommendations, as requested.
- Participate as a non-voting project team liaison and technical advisor to an evaluation panel, responding to inquiries, providing technical input and recommendations.
- Assist project team to summarize the assessment, including justification of the recommendation.
- Work with the project teams and vendor awarded the contract to identify the gap/analysis work needed to implement a solution.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology/Systems, Business Administration, or a closely related technical discipline is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 8 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 12 years of experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of Technical Business Analysis and Information Technology and progressively more technical in nature.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Suite products, including Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook, specifically 2010 versions.
- Technical interviewing skills that include:
- Functional/process interviewing in the business environment.
- The ability to facilitate groups through process design and requirements gathering sessions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with business and technical teams.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective client and stakeholder relationships.
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to present information in various forms (verbally, in writing, visually).
- Proficiency with requirements modeling tools such as Jama or Sparx Enterprise Architect.
- Experience with System Life Cycle (SLC) processes.
- Experience with Traditional/Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Experience with custom development and COTS implementation projects.
- Some experience in project management and leadership.
- Background in writing technical designs and specifications.
- Energy/utility industry experience.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
If you have any questions about the job posting, please contact email@example.com
If you have any questions about our Reasonable Accommodation Policy, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org