ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Project Manager 3 is to facilitate business technology projects supporting various business lines. The Project Manager in this position will provide recommendations to technical staff and serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects. This includes planning project stages and assessing business implications for each stage as well as monitoring progress and reviewing controls to assure deadlines, standards and targets are met. This full-time position is located Portland, OR.
- Facilitate manager assigned Information Technology (IT) projects, supporting various business lines, from inception to conclusion
- Provide recommendations to technical staff and serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects.
- Facilitate a defined original project scope and obtain authorization for changes to the project cost, schedule, or performance.
- Assist the manager in building and coordinating an effective team and provide recommendations for allocating team members to project tasks
- Support the project team through the project management process by assisting Management in creating and implementing the project plan.
- Plan, and coordinate activities for a designated project to verify that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Coordinate implementation of the project on a daily basis with regard to scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Maintain consistent communication with the project sponsor, performance managers, and clients on the progress of the project versus the plan.
- Actively engage with the business unit and IT teams to facilitate the tasks and activities of the team
- Monitor and review the project budget for funding
- Actively maintain project documents, schedule, budget, and workflow in the project management system of record.
- Coordinate project requirements, milestones, and deliverables.
- Schedule and facilitate team meetings. Coordinate activities of sub-teams.
- Allocate time in the project plan for the project team to attend all recommended training.
- Monitoring issues and risks identified within the projects as well as cross organization integrated dependencies and the issues and risk associated with those assumptions.
- Tracking, monitoring, and facilitating resolution of issues and risks identified within the projects, as well as compliance related dependencies.
- Written and verbal sponsor and stakeholder communication; communicating regularly with executive sponsors, key stakeholders, strategic partners
- Project team coordination; including milestone management and communication of deliverables.
- Project team and/or sponsor meeting facilitation, including setting agenda, organizing, planning, and requesting the participation of subject matter experts from a variety of departments and crafts as appropriate.
- Communicate regularly with executive sponsors, key stakeholders, strategic partners, and Resource managers independently and in team meetings.
- Maintain consistent communication with project sponsors, performance managers, and clients on the progress of projects vis-a-vis the work plan.
- Draft regular status reports, final reports or deliverables and generate and lessons learned.
- Scope definition and management
- Business requirements and needs analysis from various stakeholder perspectives.
- Process and system design requirements.
- Gap analysis from the “as is” to the “to be” state.
- Implementation planning including optimizing milestones and building upon successes.
- when necessary, facilitate the successful transition of a project or program of projects to another Project Manager (PM) including any training, documentation, or meeting coordination required to bring the new PM fully up to speed on all critical aspects of the work and introduce them to executive sponsors and key stakeholders.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business Administration or a closely related technical discipline is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 10 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 14 years of experience is required.
- Experience must include direct work experience in an Information Technology project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution, strong familiarity with project management software.
- Experience should encompass demonstrated project management experience on technology projects using industry standard methods and tools for managing schedules, dependencies, resources, funding and developing technical specifications and project plans.
- Experience with the fundamental operation, function, and workflow of a project management system with regard to timelines, dependencies, deliverables, milestones, and resources.
- 10 years of demonstrated project management experience on technology projects using industry standard methods and tools for managing schedules, dependencies, resources, funding and developing technical specifications and project plans.
- 10 years of demonstrated experience successfully coordinating or running multiple projects simultaneously.
- 10 years of demonstrated working knowledge of System Life Cycle (SLC) principles.
- Demonstrated experience in project planning for assigned work streams, managing priorities, deliverables, and milestones, identifying and tracking project issues, risks, decisions and action items.
- Demonstrated experience with Visio flowcharts.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Project, including familiarity with the fundamental operation, function, and workflow of Microsoft Project in regard to timelines, dependencies, deliverables, milestones, and resources.
- Ability to facilitate story development with product owner, manage project backlog, facilitate sprint planning sessions, and manage task burndown.
- PMP certification.
- Experience in iterative development (e.g., Agile, Scrum, Lean, Six Sigma).
- Experience in a government or utility organization.
- Change Management experience.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
If you have any questions about the job posting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about our Reasonable Accommodation Policy, please feel free to email email@example.com