ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Project Manager 2 position will work closely with all teams across Transmission Technology (TT) organizations to coordinate and facilitate Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) compliance projects, to include Control Center infrastructure, IT network and applications integration projects from inception to conclusion. Collaborating closely with, and under the guidance and direction of, the IT Portfolio manager, the PM in this position will work with project teams to draft project plans; create and track schedules and budgets; to facilitate and coordinate project activities; and, to track, monitor and provide detailed milestones and reporting for multiple designated projects. This PM position will be assigned multiple projects of a medium sized complexity, visibility, and sensitivity. Projects assigned will “typically” incur costs in excess of $500K lifecycle cost to $2M lifecycle cost. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
- Forecast and recommend project resources to fulfill project needs
- Collaborate with business units and Performance Managers to resolve resource allocation issues.
- Recommend an overall roadmap of efforts required to achieve program initiatives and project objectives.
- Provide recommendations regarding project expectations, approach, roadmaps, work plans, deliverables, and goals.
- Draft project plans, resource strategies and funding estimates required to advance each defined effort.
- Organize, coordinate, and facilitate the work of project teams and serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects, includes recommending project stages and assessing business implications for each stage.
- Coordinate activities for assigned projects that enable goals or objectives to be accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters
- Develop processes to support Reliability Standard Audit Worksheets (RSAWs) and auditing evidence collection based on compliance standards.
- Collaborate to facilitate the tasks and activities of project teams and to properly understand related compliance requirements, business needs, dependencies on other initiatives, and how best to effectively deploy end products and processes.
- Address and navigate politically sensitive issues in a collaborative and professional manner.
- Provide background information, technical input, options, and recommendations for project decisions.
- Issue project status reports on a regular or as requested basis.
- Maintain consistent communication with project sponsors, performance managers, and clients on the progress of the project vis-a-vis the work plan.
- Collaborate and work with project sponsors and performance managers to remove obstacles impacting timely project completion.
- Anticipating and identifying potential areas of risk and obtaining guidance from appropriate manager or Contracting Officer.
- Tracking, monitoring, and facilitating resolution of issues and risks identified within the projects, as well as compliance related dependencies.
- Maintaining issue, risk, and/or action logs.
- Communicate regularly with executive sponsors, key stakeholders, strategic partners, and managers independently and in team meetings.
- Written and verbal sponsor communication.
- Project team communications and coordination.
- Inter-project team communications and coordination.
- Issues and risk management.
- Coordination with IT resources.
- Coordination with the program enterprise architect.
- Team meeting and sponsor meeting management.
- Support and facilitate the following deliverables:
- Scope Definition and Management.
- Implement Compliance related technologies and processes to support new compliance standards, revisions, and mitigation plans.
- Implement Organizational Design and Change Management with respect to a culture resistant to change.
- Process and System Design requirements.
- Communication and project management best practice gap analysis.
- Facilitate the successful receive or transition of a project or program of projects from or to another project manager including any training, documentation, or meeting coordination required to bring the new project manager fully up to speed on all critical aspects of the work and introduce them to executive sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Coordinate and assist management with transitions of identified project resources as needed. This may include gathering information from departing resources to identify subject matter expertise, documenting workloads, identifying training requirements to facilitate smooth transitions.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Technology, Engineering, or a related technical discipline is required.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of experience is required.
- Experience should include project management of IT or compliance related projects using industry standard methods and tools for managing schedules, dependencies, resources, funding and developing technical specifications and project plans for medium-sized projects.
- Advanced skills with MS Project to include fundamental operation, function, and workflow of MS Project with regard to timelines, dependencies, project expectations, milestones, and resources.
- 2 years of experience managing IT Network Infrastructure projects and/or Applications Integrations projects.
- 2 years of experience with IT Network Infrastructure planning, functional and technical specifications, and system life-cycle management.
- Experience delivering projects with security and/or compliance requirements.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
If you have any questions about the job posting, please contact email@example.com
If you have any questions about our Reasonable Accommodation Policy, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org