ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Geographer 3 position provides technically advanced, complex professional GIS services utilizing computerized data capture, storage, and analysis techniques for visual displays, spatial analysis, and tabular reports on a wide variety of geographical projects. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
- Design and implement advanced geo-processing scripts that automate data analysis, integration, reporting, and visualization of 3D GIS products using industry and organizational standards primarily utilizing ESRI ArcGIS, and Python software platforms.
- Coordinate and develop Geographic Information Systems (GIS) procedural solutions that support remote sensing-based, data management, and reporting requirements of vegetation management compliance practices.
- Design and implement custom GIS workflow processes that serve remote sensing products to engineering design systems and other supporting platforms.
- Perform geographic analysis, including view-sheds, spatial joins, proximity analysis, buffer creation, optimal path, and resource allocation, and point and linear event processing with dynamic segmentation.
- Design geospatial databases and schemas and validate data quality and integrity through the use of automated and manual techniques to enter, edit, and process data sets.
- Formulate geo-processing models and/or scripts to assist in data collection, storage, retrieval, and analysis using automated techniques.
- Provide technical support for mobile GIS data collection applications.
- Prepare and maintain metadata of newly created data sets to track the source, scale, currency, and other pertinent geographic information, as well as any modifications to the data set.
- Participate in the research, development, and recommendation of automated geospatial analytical approaches in search of problem-solving solutions
- Design/maintain data bases and verify data quality through the use of automated and manual techniques to enter, edit, and process data sets.
- Utilize advanced techniques to improve effectiveness and quality of TERG products, such as orthorectify corridor imagery.
- Design and prepare publication quality cartographic products using industry and organizational standards.
- Participate in organizational efforts to recommend and develop process solutions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of TERG operations, leveraging industry knowledge and best practices.
- Participate in training staff of the relative functionality of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), along with appropriate procedures and processes that support business needs.
- Perform computer programming, data analysis, or software development for Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications, including the maintenance of existing systems or research and development for future enhancements.
- Design, develop and provide administration for multiple org SharePoint libraries, lists, pages, links, site
- Provide and/or assist with administration of the ArcGIS Imagery server
- Provide training, user guides, reference sheets or other materials for communication of and training for system changes, as requested.
- Draft and maintain metadata standards for transmission GIS contract deliverables. Review draft contract statements of work and resulting deliverables for consistency with established standards.
- Facilitate and support the timely delivery of data between Geospatial Services and other organizational units used in the design, acquisition, and construction of Transmission facilities.
- Facilitate technical aspects of complex GIS projects in support of transmission construction projects, fiber optic projects, communication system projects, land management and environmental projects. Support includes project-specific spatial analysis and the design and preparation of publication quality cartographic and tabular report products.
- Coordinate the facilitation of GIS projects, including the development of technical priorities, client reporting and interface, or coordination and validation of schedules and budget estimates.
- Provide geographic expertise and consultation for long-range transmission facility right-of-way corridor planning projects, natural resource projects, operation and maintenance projects for existing facilities, environmental review and compliance projects, fish and wildlife projects related to program and mission.
- Provide expertise, guidance, and QA/QC review to other team members; review work products; provide training; answer questions and provide collaborative assistance
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, geography, cartography, natural resources, landscape architecture, environmental, urban, or regional planning, with a strong emphasis in computer assisted spatial analysis is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 6 years of experience.
- Without an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 10 years of experience.
- Experience should include providing professional GIS services utilizing computerized data capture, storage, and query and analysis techniques for visual displays, spatial analysis, and reports on a wide variety of projects.
- Knowledge of and skill in:
- Using PC operating systems, ESRI ArcGIS software.
- Working knowledge of Python or similar scripting language.
- Developing, maintaining, and modifying geo-processing models and/or scripts, design and maintain geographic and relational databases, design and implement complex spatial analysis.
- Leading or training technicians or related staff in the conduct of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) analytical procedures.
- Leading in the research, and development of automated geospatial analytical approaches that best provide problem solving solutions.
- Knowledge of and skill in:
- Basic knowledge of image processing, remote sensing, and LiDAR data mediums.
- Familiarity with SharePoint functionality.
- GISP (Geographic Information Systems Professional) certification.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
If you have any questions about the job posting, please contact email@example.com
If you have any questions about our Reasonable Accommodation Policy, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org