ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Land Survey Technician provides support to the Supervisory Land Surveyor within the Geomatics (TERG) organization. The Surveying Department is responsible for providing land surveying and mapping support in the maintenance, operation, and development of the facilities. The position will utilize Bentley MicroStation, Bentley InRoads, Trimble Business Center and ArcGIS to support the mission of the Survey Department. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
- Provide support to the surveying staff, helping to meet schedules and budgets. Check field notes, compute, and process survey field data
- Produce 2D and 3D maps using CADD, create survey base maps, topographic maps, terrain models and cross-sections for transmission facility design and land acquisition using organizational and industry standards
- Create exhibits and maps using ArcMap and ArcCatalog
- Utilize computer drafting software, particularly Bentley MicroStation and InRoads, to perform drafting of survey maps.
- Research deeds, title policies, survey maps and other land record documents for completeness for project specific needs
- Compile data to design and maintain geographic and relational data bases in ArcGIS according to organizational standards.
- Coordinate and assist in the transfer and storage of large quantities of digital data Transmission Engineering groups.
- Provide technical support interpreting and deciphering survey information to engineers, land surveyors, cartographers, other professionals, and technicians
- Maintain files and records in accordance with compliance requirements. Verify all official records are accurately maintained for auditing purposes and in accordance with Information Governance & Lifecycle Management (IGLM) standards and procedures.
- Assist the COR with monitoring, inspecting, and validating survey work performed by private survey contractors.
- Inspect and validate deliverables for accuracy and correctness. Deliverables include field note sheets, computation sheets, CADD base maps, GPS network and OPUS reports, GIS shape files and numerous other electronic data sets.
- Assist in coordinating with Master Contractors to implement best practices for land surveying workflows, data delivery and data retrieval.
- Maintain and provide technical knowledge to help draft standards, processes, dashboards, and manuals
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
- Associate of Science degree in Land Surveying or Civil Engineering is preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience in land surveying or engineering is required.
- Knowledge of various horizontal and vertical coordinate reference systems and datums, state plane coordinates, network adjustments, and geodetic and GNSS surveying.
- Ability to manage complex and varied datasets.
- Proficiency with various software programs to process, adjust and produce survey deliverables (Trimble Business Center, StarNet, Bentley MicroStation & InRoads, NGS tools, ArcMap)
- Working knowledge of GIS and ArcGIS desktop 10.x
- Land Surveyor-in-Training (LSIT) or Engineer in Training (EIT) certification
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Position requires a minimum level of physical ability sufficient to lift, carry, move, and stack equipment weighing up to 30 pounds. Bending stooping, lifting, kneeling, reaching, and walking for short distances (up to 500 yards) may be required.
- Position requires the ability to lift items approximately 50 pounds in weight on and off vehicles and maneuver them, using wheeled carts, to designated locations.
- May include working in areas with heavy equipment operating nearby.
- Working with brush hooks, machetes, axes, digging bars, shovels, hammers, and other tools necessary to clear brush, dig holes, set monuments and other manual tasks.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
If you have any questions about the job posting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about our Reasonable Accommodation Policy, please feel free to email email@example.com