ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Project Coordinator 2 position will support project work through the full lifecycle for Substation, Transmission Lines, and Telecommunications & Facility type projects that will expand, maintain, and enhance transmission line operations. TEP is responsible for the planning, execution, and monitoring of capital projects. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
- Coordinating activities for projects that enable goals or objectives to be accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters, escalating concerns
- Addressing and navigating politically sensitive issues in a collaborative and professional manner.
- Assist in Process and System Design requirements by documenting discussions in project team meetings.
- Provide communication and project management best practice gap analysis.
- Collaborate with and provide support to the project team, working to facilitate an effective and efficient project team.
- Project Tracking & Document Management:
- Assist in the creation and monitoring of project schedules at the request of the project manager.
- Facilitate resource commitments from other groups as required.
- Monitor project milestones and schedules to keep project on track and on budget
- Attend monthly financial review meetings with PM and financial analysts.
- Monitor Ready for Intended Use (RIU) dates and report to PM.
- Draft project change logs for the project manager to submit.
- Coordinate and track material per PM guidance.
- Coordinate lessons learned per PM guidance.
- Coordinate information/status updates with/from project team and distribute to team members needing the updated information.
- Compile lessons learned through project lifecycle and published lessons learned at project close-out.
- Gather information on meeting agenda topics, create agenda 24 – 48 hours in advance, distribute agenda and other documentation needed during the project meeting.
- Confirm and set up conference room, Conference call, laptop, projector, maps, and other meeting materials at the beginning of project meeting.
- Document discussion during project meetings. Distribute meeting minutes. Identify/document action Items and decisions made during meetings.
- Coordinate resources and outages between project managers when projects overlap in time or geographic locations.
- Assist in coordination with outside entities including other city, state, and federal agencies, utilities and other accounts/customers, tribes, public, and other stakeholders that are affected by transmission work.
- Coordinate between TEP and other departments
- Assist Project Managers and Project Coordinators with technical issues relating to reports or other scheduling information with Microsoft Project (MSP). This may include analyzing data integrity, processes, and coordination with other groups to determine the root cause(s) of issues.
- Prepare and provide technical presentations to Staff, Supervisors, and Executive Management on TEPs process improvements, software upgrades, other operational excellence efforts.
- Participate in ongoing update efforts to the CIA Process.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Management, Organizational Development, Computer Science, or other related technical discipline is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 5 year of experience is required.
- With a Bachelor’s degree not in applicable fields, 7 years of experience is required.
- Without a Bachelor’s degree, 10 years of experience is required.
- Experience should include direct work experience in a project coordination/ control capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution. Must be capable of applying a diversified knowledge of principles and practices in assigned technical areas. Requires a working knowledge of automated data systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Project and SharePoint, to store, analyze and manipulate data.
- Experience in the electric utility industry data.
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively document technical data.
- Ability to store, manipulate, and organize large numbers of files and folders using Microsoft Windows networks or other document management programs.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
If you have any questions about the job posting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about our Reasonable Accommodation Policy, please feel free to email email@example.com