ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Civil Engineer 2 position will provide design services to support capital improvements and general maintenance of facilities including site development and grading and drainage, in conformance with local regulations. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
- Prepare, review, and evaluate designs for utilities, fences, gates, grading, drainage, stormwater management facilities, site development plans, and erosion and sediment control
- Coordinate with environmental design teams to verify oil containment and stormwater systems
- Prepare, review, and evaluate retaining wall design plans in coordination with the geotechnical and structural engineers
- Prepare comprehensive final design packages for the expansion and construction of civil infrastructure
- Assess conflicts between proposed work and existing civil infrastructure and design solutions for identified conflicts
- Provide civil engineering support in the creation and maintenance of civil design and specifications standards
- Identify and recommend defined critical engineering design parameters, select, and recommend design methods, monitor the technical approach, and review the final design.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend appropriate solutions to resolve complex interrelated problems and issues
- Anticipate design problems that may arise and participate in the development, evaluation, and implementation of alternative solutions.
- Verify specifications are in accordance with policy and regulations, and are technically correct for construction projects
- Organize and analyze drawings prior to setup and discuss project complexity and time estimates with technical and management personnel
- Perform field investigations, special studies, estimating projects, construction inspection, and specification development
- Maintain data quality and prepare and verify data models
- Draft, prepare, revise, and distribute design drawings, engineering technical documents and data bases to support civil design projects or other assigned work on various computer platforms including MicroStation and Project Wise
- Update and maintain, as necessary, existing hard copy design drawings and convert existing hard copy drawings to electronic versions
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a directly related engineering field is required.
- 5+ years of previous engineering and/or, design, with a diversified knowledge of engineering concepts, principles and practices experience is required.
- 2 years of experience in drafting using MicroStation
- OR 3 years of experience in drafting using AutoCAD
- Experience using a high level of expertise in computer-aided drafting including 3D design.
- Experience reviewing and evaluating design packages (including drawings, material specifications and submittals) for conformance to the design specifications and standards.
- Proficiency in Western Washington stormwater design.
- Proficiency in Bentley ProjectWise.
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, principals, and practices applicable to components and facilities found on a regional transmission system.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
If you have any questions about the job posting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about our Reasonable Accommodation Policy, please feel free to email email@example.com