ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Project Manager position is responsible for managing major projects using established project management methodology and needs to be proficient in all aspects of project management with the ability to mentor and lead others. This position is located in Richland, WA.
- Manages capital project activities for refueling outages, forced outages, and on-line work as assigned, providing oversight of the staff involved in planning, leading, controlling, and monitoring to ensure that work is implemented safely, with quality, on schedule, and within budget. This includes all aspects of project implementation including budget, work package preparation, parts procurement, ALARA planning, industrial and nuclear safety, clearance order preparation, work prioritization, resource loading, risk management, and work execution including resolution of schedule delays and conflicts.
- Develops the budgets, including tracking cost versus budget for assigned projects. Assures proper progress and focus through frequent interface with the client, engineers, related parties, and management. Develop and manage contracts and interface with vendors. Develops project schedules commensurate with project complexity and size with the goal of being able to manage risk, accurately track progress, enforce accountability, and manage critical path and float.
- Prepare and deliver written and oral communications to various groups including senior management.
- Develop and maintain long range plan strategies associated with assigned projects.
- Support effective implementation of the Columbia Generating Station Self-Assessment and Corrective Action Program. Manages project budgets, interacting closely with the finance organization and the project controls group
- Coordinates with other project and line managers
- Coaches/mentors other project managers
- Manage a dedicated construction team to ensure that project activities are completed for the customer safely, on schedule, within budget and at the appropriate quality level.
- Communicates with supervisors on a daily basis for management direction and receive feedback.
- Participate in presentations to internal customers regarding project status, including complex technical, organizational, and financial issues.
- Conduct considerably complex analysis of problems involving construction activities.
- Develop innovative alternative action strategies enabling the early achievement of milestones.
- Perform risk analyses and provide decision authority for defining and approving corrective actions and establishing priorities.
- Ensure that construction efficiency is optimized by providing efficient construction input and involvement in projects throughout the conceptual design phases, construction, turnover, and the completion phases of each project
- Ensure that various construction teams have the capability to execute assigned scope in a safe, secure, and cost-effective manner in accordance with the cost, technical, schedule, dose, and quality baselines.
- Balance and prioritize construction resources to support successful execution.
- Represent capital projects on assigned teams, work with all other functions to safely execute project scope within all baselines.
- Ensure ongoing communication to maintain the necessary resources from "outside" organizations and address related concerns appropriately.
- Reviews project level performance for effective cost and schedule performance through reporting and project analysis.
- Ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken, and monitor and analyze project safety, cost, schedule, and quality performance.
- Communicate to the Construction and Project Management Department Supervisor and/or Manager on the baseline status, manpower needs and recommended corrective actions on a regular basis to ensure project success.
- Hold construction team members accountable for performance and compliance to policy and procedures.
- Take actions necessary to meet project quality, scope, budget, and schedule baselines.
- Requires an advanced degree in a related field of study or business, a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, construction, project management, business, or related field AND 12 years of project management experience in a multifaceted and/or regulated industrial environment.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, construction, project management, business, or related field AND 14 years of project management experience in a multifaceted and/or regulated industrial environment.
- OR an associate’s degree from an accredited college or university and 16 experience in a multifaceted and/or regulated industrial environment.
- OR a High School Diploma/GED and 18 years’ experience in a multifaceted and/or regulated industrial environment.
- Five years of the required experience may be in a position within the nuclear industry which includes directing project management activities and/or using project management principles.
- Project Management experience in commercial nuclear power plant system(s) replacements/upgrades.
- PMI Project Management Professional Certification
- Construction Management Certification desired
- Previous RO/SRO license or certification.
- Extensive work experience in the role of direct supervisor or project manager in the commercial nuclear industry environment, focused on maintenance, operations, or construction.
- Nuclear plant operator production coordination experience, work management experience in conducting and coordinating plant production work.
- Leadership skills using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to guide and coordinate individuals and groups to achieve successful results.
- Managing the services of large scale, outside contractors, is required
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of construction, cost and scheduling, subcontract administration and the ability to develop or evaluate construction strategies and techniques.
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of project planning at the tactical level would be ideal, along with knowledge of operations, maintenance, project start-up, construction management and construction subcontracts.
- Experience of executing work in radiological areas (nuclear) with a history of executing and planning work in radiological environments.
- Advanced construction management techniques at Commercial Nuclear Power Plants or similar facility
- Error reduction and human performance improvement methods, and cost-effective work execution methodologies.
- Managing complex construction projects for both on-line work and/or refueling and forced outage related activities.
- Advanced Computer Skills
- Desired Abilities and skills
- Desired Abilities and Skills:
- Ability to maximize performance through leadership.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Supervisory Experience
- Construction management and budget process software
- Evaluating organizational, personal, technical, and effective maintenance programs, procedures, schedules, and performance
- Code and regulatory requirements as they relate to maintenance and engineering work activities
- Procedures and processes related to maintenance and engineering activities
- Skilled in software programs such as passport and MS Office programs
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
If you have any questions about the job posting, please contact email@example.com
If you have any questions about our Reasonable Accommodation Policy, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org