ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Inventory Specialist 2 position will provide inventory analysis and management services for the Fleet services parts room (NSFE) organization. This position may work collaboratively with internal customers, such as Heavy Equipment Mobile Mechanics, parts room personnel, warehouse personnel, outside vendor’s Fleet management etc. The Inventory Specialist in this position will provide internal inventory data management and process analysis support to assist with the optimization of inventory levels, inventory data accuracy, increased service, and communication with clients. Additionally, this Inventory Specialist will assist with monitoring and tracking needed parts, resolving order delays, issues, or client questions; conducting inventory analysis; and provide recommendations for the improvement of organizational processes, procedures, and practices. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Assist in maintaining optimal inventory levels by performing routine reviews and analysis based on program requirements and historical usage
- Perform reorder points and optimal inventory stock reviews for various commodity categories and record changes
- Maintain established inventory management reporting processes; design and recommend new reporting tools, processes, and procedures; assist with implementation of Fleet management-approved recommendations and other similar initiatives.
- Provide material analysis by routinely reviewing the historical inventory usage reporting compared with knowledge of equipment within EAM reports.
- Serve as Point-of-Contact (POC) for various inventory management on-going and occasional initiatives and efforts
- Assisting in the maintenance of the online parts catalog
- Conducting physical inventory and product performance reviews and analysis
- Querying, compiling, and analyzing various commodity data reports, offering recommendations
- Provide support and response as requested to provide reporting and answer questions regarding parts requests, purchase requests, inventory quantities, order due dates
- Participate on cross-discipline teams to research, analyze and review data to investigate root causes of parts failures, delays, process bottlenecks or other issues.
- Serve as org representative to assist various standing committees or teams, such as the HMEM’s, Equipment buyers and Fleet data personnel.
- Conduct inventory process and standardization reviews; provide improvement recommendations; support implementation of Fleet management-approved recommendations, projects, and initiatives.
- Support internal and external clients with inventory data inquiries
- Alert workplace manager of potential concerns with Parts room inventory levels.
- Review parts requests to confirm all government-furnished materials were ordered and will be available at time of need.
- Keep HMEM’s, advised of parts delivery delays or other material issues and keep updated throughout resolution.
- In coordination and collaboration with HMEM’s, assist in expediting parts, tracking down missing or incomplete shipments of parts, and resolving material availability issues.
- Validate deliverables received; alert Fleet manager, team lead or other appropriate federal personnel of any missing or damaged goods.
- Keep up to date with industry trends and apply knowledge to assigned work.
- Compare product labels, tags, or tickets, shipping manifests, purchase orders, and bills of lading to verify accuracy of shipment contents, quality specifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Inventory Management, Inventory Control, Purchasing, Computerized Logistics or related field is preferred.
- With a Bachelor’s degree in applicable fields, 5 years of supply chain and/or logistics experience is required.
- With an Associate’s degree in applicable fields, 7 years of supply chain and/or logistics experience is required.
- Without a degree or with a degree not in applicable fields, 9 years of supply chain and/or logistics experience
- 2 years hands-on experience in inventory management and/or materials procurement is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Software (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook); (MS Office 2010 proficiency required).
- History of working in parts rooms for heavy equipment or similar.
- Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) experience
- Experience with data reporting tools
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.