ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Chemist 2 position will work alongside chemists in support of the Diagnostics, Metrology & Labs (TEZT) organization, at the chemistry laboratory, supporting substation maintenance and environmental programs. This position may also be required to perform work at various substations throughout the service area supporting and assisting with environmental cleanup projects. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- On a progressive basis, working with senior TEZT personnel, support, assist with, and perform
- Receive and process test samples which includes logging samples into the tracking system and provide “change of custody” to customer.
- Perform oil quality tests, dissolved-gas-analysis tests, and PCB tests; analyze results, identify any unknown materials, and issue reports.
- Perform Chemical Waste Profile Analysis and Reporting; timely and accurately completed reporting is vital.
- Coordinate with field personnel for proper sampling, shipment and/or disposal of waste.
- Conduct various specialized tests on transformer insulating oil; e.g., furan, metal particle counts.
- Provide consultation on ASTM D27 (Electrical Insulating Liquids and Gases) methods and specifications as it pertains to the power industry.
- Provide recommendations on new product purchases for electrical insulating liquids from a chemical perspective.
- Perform general laboratory clean-up as well as regular sample containers cleaning.
- Repair and maintain laboratory equipment as is practical, escalating maintenance and repair needs
- Participate in organization improvement efforts, assisting and recommending new or revised procedures, processes or other initiatives to enhance efficiency and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry is required.
- 5 years of applicable research and/or quality control chemistry experience is required.
- Must have knowledge of chemistry and testing concepts.
- Demonstrated skill performing lab and field tests.
- Ability to interpret and apply applicable test standards to test samples.
- Working knowledge of dissolved-gas-analysis and knowledge of key gases.
- Working knowledge of PCB analysis for both liquid and soil samples.
- Knowledge of Resource Conservation & Recovery Act (RCRA) Hazardous Waste Regulations 40 CFR Part 261.
- Knowledge of US Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations on shipping hazardous wastes.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third party candidates considered for this position.