ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Operations Analyst 2 position provides products and specialized technical support directed toward real time dispatch of the transmission system, Automatic Generation Control (AGC), Balancing Authority Operations, Remedial Action Schemes, disturbance monitoring and operating information necessary for other functions to carry out their duties. It also supports the development of standards, guides, and agreements for interconnected operations within the Western Interconnection. This position will provide operations analysis support for AGC performance, trouble shooting, and emerging technical requirements associated with real time operations and new Grid Modernization efforts, including AGC requirements for participation in the CAISO Energy Imbalance Market (EIM). This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Support the Operations Control AGC team and Renewable Energy Integration team leads by providing operations analysis
- AGC performance
- AGC trouble shooting
- Emerging technical requirements associated with real time operations and new Grid Modernization efforts, including AGC requirements for participation in the CAISO Energy Imbalance Market (EIM), Federal Data and Generation Dispatch, Metering Review and Upgrade, Real-Time Operations Modernization and Visualization, Sub-hourly Scheduling on the PDCI, and other Grid Modernization projects assigned to TOOC.
- Support the Operations Control Supervisor with workload tracking and planning by collecting and categorizing workload data, maintaining, and monitoring the team workflow project management tools and providing recommendations on workload prioritization.
- Maintain Operations Control data in TO Operations Workload Center Work Portfolios and the Ops Monthly Demand Management Report.
- Interpret and translate processes and system modifications used in grid operations into technical specifications used by IT experts to develop software applications.
- Interpret and translate processes and system modifications used in grid operations into documented processes and training guides used for these applications.
- Interview subject-matter experts (SMEs) and system users to gather information on automated systems, their behaviors and work processes that support the reliable operation of system.
- Translate technical engineering criteria, rules and processes into reports, processes and training guides that permit operations of its transmission system safely and reliably.
- Draft technical documents containing business rules and requirements.
- Clear up ambiguous language or instructions and write technical documents that result in accurate systems controls that function as planned.
- Review, revise, and edit documents as needed to verify successful systems operation.
- Coordinate key efforts among various technical teams charged with improving transmission business operations, scheduling, integration of renewable resources, and other matters affecting transmission operations:
- Verify that teams are operating in lockstep with one another and that technical documentation is cohesive and consistent by adhering to established work processes and conducting verification and validations with all appropriate SME’s.
- Verify that documentation requirements are understood and completed within required timeframes by performing documentation reviews and adhering to project timelines.
- Coordinate Project Diagram Requirements (PRDs). Route PRDs to appropriate TOO reviewers, collect and organize comments from reviewers, submit comments to PRD review system. Review final PRDs to identify and analyze recommended changes for documentation standards and return to lead engineer for approval and process. Responsible for maintaining records for future reviews.
- Assist compliance SMEs with implementing assigned actions and document creation associated with compliance standard requirements:
- Participate in compliance documentation preparation and review sessions.
- Edit assigned North America Reliability Corporation (NERC) standards compliance documentation, per SME direction.
- Serve as a point of contact for coordinating documentation reviews with SMEs and BPS Resolver data management.
- Verify that compliance response timelines are met per established tracking system.
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Accounting, Computer Science, Organizational Development, or a closely related technical field) is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associates degree, 7 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 9 years of experience is required.
- Experience should include specific requirements of business and operations analysis and progressively more technical in nature.
- 2 Years’ experience with process development
- 2 years’ experience with project management
- Expert level experience with MS SharePoint
- Expert level skills with Excel, including Pivot Tables, Charting & Reporting
- Advanced Knowledge of Visio and/or other Flowchart Tools
- Prior electric utility work experience.
- Knowledge of and proficient skill in applying the following:
- Process/program design
- Configuration management concepts and practices
- Technical/process writing
- Practical experience with data historians and associated tools (e.g., PI Process Book and DataLink)
- Experience in the use of change and configuration management tools/systems
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.