ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Program Support Specialist 2 position will support the program managers, sector leads, and other staff in the day-to-day operation of agricultural, commercial, industrial, federal, and residential energy efficiency program implementation. These program areas will require an increasing amount of utility customer support and internal development work. The program support specialist position will work side-by-side with program managers, electric utility customers, and third-party contractors to provide program support for the development and implementation of new methods of leveraging technology, reducing energy consumption, and implementing conservation practices to slow the need for new electric generation, reducing demand on the transmission grid and benefiting the environment. This full-time position Portland, OR.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Assist utility customers and participants by phone and email with implementation of efficiency program requirements
- Track, document, archive, and respond to emails and phone calls from utilities
- Respond to questions including timing of implementation, location of program materials and forms, feedback on materials and forms, training opportunities, and collaboration opportunities
- Answer questions or direct to the appropriate staff for response inquiries related to lighting calculator issues
- Recommend process improvements to support program improvement, and enhance customer service, response time, and quality.
- Serve as Field Inspector to the Supply Chain COR
- Draft communications between COR and contracted vendors
- Review monthly reporting submittals, invoices, and other contract deliverables to provide recommendations on adherence to contract, quality checking of pricing schedules, and other various contract terms and conditions
- Update qualified product lists for residential energy efficiency measures, and consulting with implementation partners on the inclusion of products on qualified product lists.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency program enhancements and document opportunities/corrections in department tracking spreadsheets.
- Track project and program deliverables/milestones; provide weekly status updates to designated staff; identify any delays or risks and recommend course correction and mitigation options as needed.
- Assist with maintaining measure attribute lists for each measure by analyzing Regional Technical Forum measure outcomes and determining which portions of their specification attribute need to be added or modified for inclusion in our program actions.
- Monitor efficiency measure development, regional offerings, and energy savings for assigned technologies and provide findings to manager or other assigned staff to support program development and operation.
- Coordinate a wide range of implementation activities, program managers, utility customers and third-party implementation contractors.
- Support energy efficiency programs by maintaining and updating program materials and verifying the most current versions are readily accessible to utility customers and stakeholders, including sector content and materials posted to the website.
- Assist the sector lead and other designated staff with the creation of technical and program training materials and presentations.
- Contribute to program fact sheets, marketing materials, and other program support collaterals.
- Copy edit content, complete primary reviews of content and materials, and provide recommendations for improvements to program materials based on internal and external customer feedback.
- Provide event coordination and other assistance for in-person, telephone and web-based events including third-party program calls, utility program user group calls, web-based Brown Bag sessions, trade ally network trainings, and utility roundtables.
- Assist in the development and implementation of management approved project plans for internal reporting tools and software tools.
- Create ad hoc reports on a variety of sector projects and initiatives including program expenses and budgets and kilowatt-hour savings.
- Conduct spreadsheet analysis, develop infographics, and develop and deliver presentations about the data.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Accounting, Computer Science, or related field is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associate’s degree, 7 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 9 years of experience is required.
- Experience should be consistent with the specific requirements of program support and coordination and progressively more technical in nature.
- Knowledge of and experience related to energy efficiency program implementation.
- Strong data analysis and writing skills, sufficient to analyze data and create reports or technical documents.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2010 Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required.
- Experience in energy-efficiency or related environmental field with a preference for experience in the residential sector
- Knowledge of lighting and HVAC industries, products, and utility programs.
- Knowledge of data tracking tools such as databases.
- Project management experience.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.