ACS Professional Staffing is seeking a Senior Accessibility Analyst in Seattle, WA. Join a world-class consulting firm, who solves building and fire code problems for architects, building owners, engineers, and contractors.
With your strong background in building codes, plan reviews, inspections, and jurisdiction negotiations, you will add significant value to a smaller team that contributes to a more extensive operation. You will implement processes for maintaining high-quality work; identify and address areas of potential risk to architects, developers and building owners; train, lead, and manage a technical team; provide expert guidance to architectural, owner and provide appropriate communication to developers and clients on technical and non-technical issues. You will support clients while working for a company that values creativity, innovation, and family life. If you have a background with building codes and enjoy thinking outside of the box, we want to hear from you!
- Review architectural/engineering plans and specifications for compliance with accessibility codes and standards including ICC A117.1, ADAS, FHADM, and UFAS.
- Perform on-site review for projects under construction.
- Conduct comprehensive accessibility surveys of existing sites and buildings.
- Prepare detailed reports documenting observed deficiencies.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate detailed phases of assigned work.
- Communicate design, engineering, architectural, and construction recommendations.
- Prepare proposals and reports for small and large projects of varying complexity.
- Travel may be required.
- Develop in-house systems for internal training, quality assurance, and risk management.
- Work with senior staff to develop risk management strategies as well as marketing strategies.
- Produce and present external accessibility trainings to subcontractors, architects, professiona organizations, and company staff.
- Train and mentor junior staff.
- A Bachelor Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience
- Understanding of accessibility standards of ANSI A117.1, 1991 and 2010 ADA Standards, FHADM, UFAS and Section 504. (Advanced knowledge in one category required).
- Preferred: Licensed architect or engineer, Registered ICC Accessibility Consultant, Certified Access Specialist program (CASp), Texas Registered Accessibility Consultant (RAS).
- Preferred: Legal or professional witness experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.