ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Business Analyst 3 position will provide support for projects under the Transmission Engineering and Technical Services Programs by providing recommendations to business stakeholders and facilitating the gathering and analysis of information using standard tools and approaches to: help clarify business operations, functions, perform gap analysis, document/map the current and future states, identify solution alternatives, evaluate the alternatives, and define processes. This position will also assist the Internal Operations Manager in overall Transmission Engineering and Technical Services Business Process Management strategy, analysis, and development. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Facilitate large teams in problem solving and identifying improvement opportunities using industry methodologies.
- Perform organizational maturity analysis, assess gaps, and draft maturity roadmaps based on goals and objectives.
- Provide analysis and support in the development and recommendation of tools for organizational alignment, strategic content, alignment of capabilities and work, and a roadmap for success.
- Conduct background research and interview parties to gather and understand requirements, which may include software solutions and business process, procedure, or workflow development
- Support the structure for, facilitate the planning of, and aid with the development, recommendation, and implementation of initiatives
- Review and assess business process change impacts and recommend appropriate change mitigation activities.
- Plan, facilitate and conduct working sessions to analyze and document current state processes and value streams, and future state processes and value streams.
- Facilitate decision making to verify that key requirements of the future state are vetted and agreed to across the Transmission Engineering and Technical Services/Transmission Value Chain.
- Perform all analytical tasks related to a project, including requirements definition, validation, management and supporting documentation and related testing
- Provide background information, technical input, options, and recommendations that facilitate decision-making and that will enable key requirements of improvement projects
- Perform appropriate testing of solutions
- Facilitate the definition and documentation of business and functional requirements.
- Prepare use cases, process models and activity diagrams to support a project, coordinate efforts with business process activities
- Collect and document detailed descriptions and specifications of user needs, business rules, functionality and steps required to develop or modify business solutions.
- Promote and maintain effective client and stakeholder relationships
- Translate business requirements into definitions and solutions
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze potential tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Draft and recommend key project deliverable documents including requirements, process diagrams, workflow maps, project plans, and change management plans.
- Develop approximate documentation to validate repeatability of processes, to facilitate training of new analytical tools and to support business continuity and knowledge transfer.
- A degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Accounting, Computer Science (or a closely related field) is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 8 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associates degree, 10 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 12 years of experience is required.
- Experience should include direct work experience as a change manager, business analyst, strategic business partner or equivalent. Business analysis experience should be progressively more technical in nature.
- 5+ years’ experience applying methodology to process improvement and optimization efforts across multiple business units within a defined enterprise.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts.
- Technical interview skills sufficient to facilitate group process design/requirements gathering sessions in a business environment.
- Intermediate proficiency in Visio (flowcharts), MS Project, Access, and SharePoint.
- Demonstrated experience with project and change management approaches, tools, and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Experience with the Prosci methodology for Change Management.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.