ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Project Analyst position responsible for coordination, tracking, and execution of Capital and Operations & Maintenance project estimates. This position will provide technical direction and assistance to project managers and engineers in using the tools and processes for developing project scope, detailed project schedules, cost estimates, and perform analysis and control activities. This full-time position is located in Richland, WA.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Monitor and report all project schedule/scope/cost changes to project managers and plant management in a timely manner
- Assist with development of project scope, work with assigned project teams.
- Prepare detailed project implementation schedules
- Integrate project cost, estimates and schedule to produce a resource loaded cost flow projection.
- Evaluate real-time cost data to determine the status and financial condition of a project
- Evaluate schedule deviation to identify and report on activities with potential impact on cost/schedule
- Evaluate and provide recommendations for corrective actions to mitigate cost/schedule overruns
- Develop reports for project personnel and management, providing updates on the financial health of the project and projected changes in scope/funding requirements
- Track changes to projected and actual project budgets
- Record changes in the appropriate software tool and communicate to the financial analyst for execution in the official projects budget
- Review schedule data to ensure the correct scope of work is reflected on all schedules.
- Enter data into various databases either through direct entry or the translation of electronic data prepared by client organizations
- Ensure adequate configuration control of the data during the project approval process and project execution. Independently perform consistency reviews and provide and resolve findings for projects/schedules
- Identify Lessons Learned from those reviews and use this information to achieve continuous improvement
- Primarily support Construction and Project Management with the development and management of detailed project schedules
- PMP Certification
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 2 years of experience in a project controls/project management position in an industrial environment.
- OR a High School diploma or GED
- 6 years of project controls/project management experience in lieu of degree.
- Formal training on Primavera Project Planner or another project management system is required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Project, Word, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Primavera P6 or similar project management system
- Working knowledge of professional project management principles
- Knowledge of project reporting and cost analysis of project information
- Well-developed skills in the areas of administration and time management
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed written and oral communications and presentation skills; comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Strong teamwork skills
- Detail focused when required
- Strong analytical, mathematical, data checking skills
- Ability to establish goals, set priorities, and maintain an awareness of interrelationships among activities
- Strong keyboarding and organizing skills
- Knowledge of industrial plant, engineering, maintenance, and financial business processes
- Knowledge of BWR plant systems and components, system interrelationships, design basis, and regulatory requirements (FSAR, industry codes, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Crystal Report writer
- Advanced P6 training
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.