ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Engineering Support Specialist 2 position will coordinate material ordering for capital and expense transmission line projects, as well as develop material by location lists, create material requests (MRs) and maintain materials database. This full-time position is located in Vancouver, WA.
Because we are a federal government contractor, we have special restrictions placed on us for hiring foreign nationals into certain key positions within the company. This particular position requires U.S. citizenship.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
- Obtain catalog information on materials, ordering materials, checking status on Material Requests (MRs) for engineers and technicians, and to obtain all relevant information regarding materials.
- Run reports in BES for material status and overall material counts per engineer and technician requests as well as to check accuracy via comparison with the Access databases.
- Review and understand structure and tower lists, fiber installation sheets, and design drawings in hard copy, Excel, and PDF formats.
- Develop and maintain Access databases for each project, and input interpreted information from design documents into each project Access database.
- Produce reports itemizing specific materials and structure and hardware assemblies required for each structure
- Coordinate with engineers and technicians to verify that reports are accurate via engineer and technician review
- Develop and maintain project books with applicable emails, drawings, tables, lists and notes as official records of materials and assemblies needed and ordered for each project
- Create MRs and submit MRs to engineers and technicians for review and edit the requests
- Approve the MRs with the engineer’s and technician’s concurrence
- Document and file the MRs within the project books along with all other project emails and documentation to keep an accurate record of the project history.
- Maintain work group server databases and project directory folders to enable select viewing during project design and construction and broad viewing after project construction has been completed.
- Perform routine maintenance on materials database, compressing and updating as needed for greater efficiency and accuracy.
- Create, update, and store standard material assemblies lists in the Access master database program for efficiencies in material ordering.
- Review standard design drawings, comparing revision dates with latest Access database information.
- Review project documents, adjusting the Access master database and BES as needed to update any changes.
- Create new BES catalog identification numbers (CAT IDs) and utilize the new CAT IDs in future material requests for material ordering efficiency.
- Maintain and update two official sets of engineering standard books on assemblies for conductor, guying, counterpoise, poles/structures, and other hardware drawings.
- Assist and guide other team members on material ordering coordination.
- Schedule and coordinate organization’s quarterly Materials Summit Meeting.
- A degree in Business Management, Logistics Management, Engineering or a closely related technical field is preferred.
- With an applicable Bachelor’s degree, 5 years of experience is required.
- With an applicable Associate’s degree, 7 years of experience is required.
- Without an applicable degree, 9 years of experience is required.
- Experience must be consistent with the specific requirements of engineering operations and progressively technical in nature. Individual must be capable of applying a diversified knowledge of principles and practices in assigned technical areas.
- Working knowledge of automated data systems
- Intermediate experience with MS Access; sufficient to develop and maintain project databases
- 2+ years supply chain and/or logistics experience
- Enterprise Business Systems (Asset Suite and PeopleSoft Financials) experience
- ProjectWise experience
- Demonstrated understanding of business and management principles involved in resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Experience working with transmission line hardware and structural materials at voltages above 69-kV.
- Familiarity with procurement and/or materials ordering systems
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License is required.
- Work sponsorship not available at this time. No third-party candidates considered for this position.